As we reflect this week on the sobering and difficult events of September 11, 2001, most of us experience a range of emotions, from anger that it happened, deep sadness for the loss of life, empathy for the families that suffered loss, to profound appreciation for the heroics of the first responders and the continued efforts of our nation’s security forces around the globe. This anniversary also sparks a reminder of the many things we have to be grateful for. This week, I’ve decided to publish my gratitude list as my blog.
I am so grateful for…
- My health and the ability to still run strong
- The love and friendship I share with my husband of nearly 25 years
- The wonder and miracle of my beautiful children and the privilege to watch them grow and evolve
- My healthy, loving, encouraging parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews and all of my extended family – there are hundreds of Hesters, Pearsons, Reavises, Richters, Lees, and Wilsons who make me laugh and wish me the best
- My co-workers, especially my 22-year “partner in crime,” Tamera Loerzel, and the fun we have striving to make a difference every day
- The trust and appreciation I experience every day working with our many committed clients
- The beauty and bounty of this earth and the opportunity we have to experience it through food, travel and adventure
- The miracle of technology that allows me to work from anywhere, anytime and wake up in one city and work and sleep in another that same day
- The faith I have in a God who loves me and encourages me to get better every day
I encourage you to make your own blessings list – today and as often as possible - so that you can be present to the many gifts you have in your life. If you want to share some of yours in the comment section of this blog, we’d love to hear them!