Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, DO BETTER.
I am passionate about
- Helping others! I've always been a giving person and being able to help others succeed in any capacity brings me joy.
- I'm also passionate about creating a sense of community wherever I am. I strive to make everyone feel welcome, seen, and empowered.
What makes me whole
- I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I enjoy exploring local market, antique shops, and art festivals with my husband to give us a fun way to explore our lovely city and community.
- I am a theme park lover! You can usually catch me at Disney World or Universal Studios Florida during the cooler months getting my steps in walking through the parks and also getting my adrenaline going on various rides.
- I also am a beginner hiker and find joy in visiting different nature trails, as well as state and national parks.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was previously an Asset and Property Manager for a local non-profit where I reconciled, tracker, and invested funds for our clients and company.
- I worked as an Administrative Assistant for a faith-based school where I assisted the Director with everyday operations, as well as assisted with onboarding and orientation of new staff.
- I worked as a VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten) teacher for the State of Florida for many years. There I found joy in working with young minds and assisting families grow and learn through the beginning of their children's education journey.
Inspired Ideas Blog
This time of year, it’s easy to be caught up in the hustle of holiday preparations – for Thanksgiving and for the busy holiday season that follows. Many feel the pressure of year-end upon us, with the need to tie up loose ends, put solid plans in place for 2024, and, ultimately, finish the year […]
When I start a new coaching relationship, I ask my coachees to tell me their story and how they chose a career in accounting. Recently, one of my new coachees asked me why I have spent 23 years working with accountants in public accounting. I don’t have an accounting degree. I’ve never worked in a […]
We are in the midst of a talent shortage, an inflationary period, changing and increasingly complex regulations and standards, and experiencing a high volume of work with increased client needs. To compound this, we are seeing declining accounting undergraduate and Master’s degrees, lower college admission rates overall, and young people questioning whether public accounting is […]