Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha.
I am passionate about
- Using social media to connect with others, increase visibility, and to provide unique insights into a firm, organization, community or person’s personality.
- Helping firms, regardless of barriers, use Anytime, Anywhere Work™ (ATAWW) practices to benefit their firm.
- Organization and maintaining a high level of attention to detail (sometimes referred to as the “eagle eye”).
What makes me whole
- Spending time with my husband, Matt, and our three dogs (Sage, Parsley, and Basil).
- Being outdoors or curling up next to the fireplace binge watching a new or old series.
- Finding a secluded backpacking spot in the mountains of Wyoming. Though the porcupines are thick in the area and the boulder fields are many, the lack of cell service and pristine waters are a welcomed peaceful retreat.
- Crafting with family, trying new foods or recipes, and sharing my love of wine with friends and family.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was an Education Assessment Consultant with the Wyoming Department of Education where I was responsible for monitoring federally and state mandated assessments and professional development for educators across Wyoming.
My Professional Involvement
Parthenon Recipient (2012-2013)
Given to employees who exemplify superior customer service and knowledge of federal education/funding regulations.
Wellington Wonderland Tea Testers of New Zealand
International Award-Winning Tea Guesser (2019)
Inspired Ideas Blog
“A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away” … it is a period of social distancing, moving deadlines and changing regulations within the Profession. Although a vaccine has been released to the masses, talent has been driven to intense levels of stress and a tipping point may be approaching. The evil lord Burnout, […]
Ok, I have to come clean. I have been triangulating and think it is time we had an honest conversation about remote work and your administrative team. During the pandemic, firms moved their people to remote work but in many cases, remote work applied to “everyone but the admin team.” And, because I am a […]
Hobbies have never been something I lacked but fishing has a special place in my heart. It triggers a plethora of memories, from my grandpa driving a rental boat at the Lake of the Ozarks to catching my first fish myself in a pond in Copper Mountain and learning to fly fish from my husband. […]