Whether they realize it or not, CPA firms are in the business of people development.
I am passionate about
- Developing people of all experience levels to help them succeed in life and their careers.
- Helping partner teams increase unity and accountability to drive greater results through coaching and teaching.
- Teaching practice economics to help firms improve profitability.
What makes me whole
- Spending time with my wife, our three kids and spouses, and my large extended family
- Biking, running, landscaping and home projects
- Being active in my church and spiritual life.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I currently maintain a CPA practice focused on helping small business clients and their owners grow and succeed.
- I was a partner of Deloitte LLP and Deloitte Tax LLP, where I provided services to Fortune 500 companies.
- I also served as Lead Tax Partner for the Rockwell International Tax Outsourcing Team and as Tax Managing Partner where I led the integration of 125 tax and administrative professionals from Arthur Andersen into the Milwaukee tax practice and the admission of two new partners.
My Professional Involvement
AICPA PFP and Tax Sections
Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin
Awards & Accolades
“Uncle of the Year” for 27+ nieces and nephews
“Grandfather of Year”
Inspired Ideas Blog
Last September, I accepted the role of Director of Men’s Ministry at my church conditioned on a “self-imposed” three-year term limit, during which my strategic focus would be to identify, develop and mentor my replacement; hopefully someone half my age! Almost six months into my new role, it feels like a good time to review […]
This past Saturday, I attended the 2019 No Regrets Men’s Conference – an annual event sponsored by Elmbrook Church near Milwaukee and broadcast to 120+ Host Sites in the U.S. and Canada. I was one of 10,000 men coming together with the shared desire of becoming better servant leaders at home, in church, on the […]