Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
I am passionate about
- Releasing people from their fears and insecurities and unleashing their ability to shine and inspire.
- Envisioning the future and elevating NextGen talent.
- Facilitating challenging – even awkward discussions and unifying teams.
- Generating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Driving change and growth.
What makes me whole
- Spending time with my husband, our three girls and my parents.
- Running and preparing for my next race.
- Paddling, practicing yoga, gardening, cooking and baking and reading.
- Being active in youth programs in my church.
- Being part of a completely virtual, completely flexible team that practices the leadership lessons we teach every day.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was a partner at BDO where I ran the National Financial Solutions Group practice with nearly 100 consultants providing financial systems consulting services to clients.
- I was VP of Sales and Customer Services and led the sales, marketing and customer services groups for Sage Software (formerly SOTA) -- my roots are in technology.
My Professional Involvement
CPA Consultant’s Alliance (CPACA)
The Consultants' Trust
New Horizon's Group
CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
American Marketing Association (AMA)
Digital CPA Conference
Planning Committee Member
Forbes Coaches Council
Awards & Accolades
CPA Practice Advisor
Accounting Hall of Fame
CPA Practice Advisor
Top 25 Thought Leaders
Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
INSIDE Public Accounting
Most Recommended Consultants
Most Powerful Women in Accounting
Inspired Ideas Blog
Season’s Greetings! I want to write a message filled with joy, wonder and the happiest sentiments of the holiday season. But it won’t be as jolly as that because I’m actively grieving the loss of my mom and OG bestie, Della Lee. Since she was released from her failing body and mind, I’ve been experiencing […]
By now, I hope you've heard that we've declared October 21st National Fire Some Clients Day. We truly believe that firing clients is an immediate, emergency measure to make breathing room for both leadership and team members in your firm. Firing clients symbolizes your firm's commitment to right-sizing your capacity going into the Spring busy […]
It is simple to walk through life thinking about ourselves, our families, our clients, our projects, our hobbies, our finances, our time, our image, our feelings, and more. For whatever reason, humans are designed to be self-centered and to see, hear, and read things through the lens that places our “me” and “my” at the […]