Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
I am passionate about
- Releasing people from their fears and insecurities and unleashing their ability to shine and inspire.
- Envisioning the future and elevating NextGen talent.
- Facilitating challenging – even awkward discussions and unifying teams.
- Generating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Driving change and growth.
What makes me whole
- Spending time with my husband, our three girls and my parents.
- Running and preparing for my next race.
- Paddling, practicing yoga, gardening, cooking and baking and reading.
- Being active in youth programs in my church.
- Being part of a completely virtual, completely flexible team that practices the leadership lessons we teach every day.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was a partner at BDO where I ran the National Financial Solutions Group practice with nearly 100 consultants providing financial systems consulting services to clients.
- I was VP of Sales and Customer Services and led the sales, marketing and customer services groups for Sage Software (formerly SOTA) -- my roots are in technology.
My Professional Involvement
CPA Consultant’s Alliance (CPACA)
The Consultants' Trust
New Horizon's Group
CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
American Marketing Association (AMA)
Digital CPA Conference
Planning Committee Member
Forbes Coaches Council
Awards & Accolades
CPA Practice Advisor
Accounting Hall of Fame
CPA Practice Advisor
Top 25 Thought Leaders
Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
INSIDE Public Accounting
Most Recommended Consultants
Most Powerful Women in Accounting
Inspired Ideas Blog
This week, my sweet “starter child” Della will marry her high-school sweetheart, Nic, in the church where Brian and I were married nearly 33 years ago. These two “kids” are a perfect match, with complimentary gifts and talents and a powerful commitment to each other. I have every confidence that they can make their union […]
We focus our career progression on “adding” things to our resume: knowledge, relationships, “wins,” experiences, promotions, raises, and more. What we don’t do as intentionally is subtracting from our professional plate as we add new elements. And, when the pile we’ve amassed is too large, we find ourselves overwhelmed and even resentful of the chaotic […]
I feel so fortunate to be an American living in this great nation with the beauty of our diverse people and cultures. I am humbled by the sacrifice of so many, over time, to win – and maintain – our independence as a country, beginning 245 years ago. I am grateful for those who serve […]