Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
I am passionate about
- Releasing people from their fears and insecurities and unleashing their ability to shine and inspire.
- Envisioning the future and elevating NextGen talent.
- Facilitating challenging – even awkward discussions and unifying teams.
- Generating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Driving change and growth.
What makes me whole
- Spending time with my husband, our three girls and my parents.
- Running and preparing for my next race.
- Paddling, practicing yoga, gardening, cooking and baking and reading.
- Being active in youth programs in my church.
- Being part of a completely virtual, completely flexible team that practices the leadership lessons we teach every day.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was a partner at BDO where I ran the National Financial Solutions Group practice with nearly 100 consultants providing financial systems consulting services to clients.
- I was VP of Sales and Customer Services and led the sales, marketing and customer services groups for Sage Software (formerly SOTA) -- my roots are in technology.
My Professional Involvement
CPA Consultant’s Alliance (CPACA)
The Consultants' Trust
New Horizon's Group
CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
American Marketing Association (AMA)
Digital CPA Conference
Planning Committee Member
Forbes Coaches Council
Awards & Accolades
CPA Practice Advisor
Accounting Hall of Fame
CPA Practice Advisor
Top 25 Thought Leaders
Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
INSIDE Public Accounting
Most Recommended Consultants
Most Powerful Women in Accounting
Inspired Ideas Blog
I feel so fortunate to be an American living in this great nation with the beauty of our diverse people and cultures. I am humbled by the sacrifice of so many, over time, to win – and maintain – our independence as a country, beginning 245 years ago. I am grateful for those who serve […]
As we embark on the Memorial Day holiday, I’m looking forward to an opportunity to rest, recharge and rejuvenate; and I’m sure you are, too. Yet the Memorial holiday wasn’t originally designated to provide a post-busy season 3-day weekend. Instead, Memorial Day was set aside to encourage us to remember those who gave their lives […]
On Monday morning, a very good friend’s 52-year-old son died of COVID-19 complications. He left his wife and two children, his brother and his widowed mother behind. His state wasn’t yet vaccinating his age group when he was infected. His death, and the deaths of nearly 600,000 people who have died from this virus in […]