Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
I am passionate about
- Releasing people from their fears and insecurities and unleashing their ability to shine and inspire.
- Envisioning the future and elevating NextGen talent.
- Facilitating challenging – even awkward discussions and unifying teams.
- Generating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Driving change and growth.
What makes me whole
- Spending time with my husband, our three girls and my parents.
- Running and preparing for my next race.
- Paddling, practicing yoga, gardening, cooking and baking and reading.
- Being active in youth programs in my church.
- Being part of a completely virtual, completely flexible team that practices the leadership lessons we teach every day.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was a partner at BDO where I ran the National Financial Solutions Group practice with nearly 100 consultants providing financial systems consulting services to clients.
- I was VP of Sales and Customer Services and led the sales, marketing and customer services groups for Sage Software (formerly SOTA) -- my roots are in technology.
My Professional Involvement
CPA Consultant’s Alliance (CPACA)
The Consultants' Trust
New Horizon's Group
CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
American Marketing Association (AMA)
Digital CPA Conference
Planning Committee Member
Forbes Coaches Council
Awards & Accolades
CPA Practice Advisor
Accounting Hall of Fame
CPA Practice Advisor
Top 25 Thought Leaders
Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
INSIDE Public Accounting
Most Recommended Consultants
Most Powerful Women in Accounting
Inspired Ideas Blog
It is simple to walk through life thinking about ourselves, our families, our clients, our projects, our hobbies, our finances, our time, our image, our feelings, and more. For whatever reason, humans are designed to be self-centered and to see, hear, and read things through the lens that places our “me” and “my” at the […]
On Monday, our nation will celebrate Memorial Day, a national holiday designed to remember those lost in war or in the line of duty. Over time, the holiday remembrance has expanded to those in our lives who have died, and many families visit cemeteries and grave sites to pay homage to those they’ve lost. As […]
On Wednesday, the younger sister of a close family friend ended her life. 18 years old, about to graduate high school and so full of promise, she must have felt so hopeless to choose to exit this world. As a parent and a sibling, I feel enormous pain for the parents and siblings of this […]