Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
I am passionate about
- Releasing people from their fears and insecurities and unleashing their ability to shine and inspire.
- Envisioning the future and elevating NextGen talent.
- Facilitating challenging – even awkward discussions and unifying teams.
- Generating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Driving change and growth.
What makes me whole
- Spending time with my husband, our three girls and my parents.
- Running and preparing for my next race.
- Paddling, practicing yoga, gardening, cooking and baking and reading.
- Being active in youth programs in my church.
- Being part of a completely virtual, completely flexible team that practices the leadership lessons we teach every day.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was a partner at BDO where I ran the National Financial Solutions Group practice with nearly 100 consultants providing financial systems consulting services to clients.
- I was VP of Sales and Customer Services and led the sales, marketing and customer services groups for Sage Software (formerly SOTA) -- my roots are in technology.
My Professional Involvement
CPA Consultant’s Alliance (CPACA)
The Consultants' Trust
New Horizon's Group
CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
American Marketing Association (AMA)
Digital CPA Conference
Planning Committee Member
Forbes Coaches Council
Awards & Accolades
CPA Practice Advisor
Accounting Hall of Fame
CPA Practice Advisor
Top 25 Thought Leaders
Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
AICPA / CPA Practice Advisor
Most Powerful Women in Accounting
INSIDE Public Accounting
Most Recommended Consultants
Inspired Ideas Blog
How are you? I mean, really. How are you doing over there? None of us could have anticipated this pandemic and the abrupt transformation of our lives as a result. And none of us would have pictured it continuing for all of 2020, but that’s exactly what it’s doing. Perhaps most disconcerting is that none […]
I am a person of privilege. I was raised by two Caucasian parents, my father with a Bachelor’s degree and my mom with a Master’s. They raised me in a financially and emotionally stable household and are still married today. I am a fourth-generation Episcopalian and my life has been enriched by that supportive community. […]
Movie character Austin Powers referred to his special energy, which enhanced his influence on others, as “mojo” in the movie trilogy, and it’s the term I use for my inspiration or motivation toward my work. How do you maintain your mojo – especially as we end the 7th week of the COVID-19 crisis? Many of us […]