Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself
I am passionate about
- Promoting flexible and virtual work programs in the profession – Anytime, Anywhere Work™ – so that people can win both at work and at home and in their personal lives.
- Creating feedback-rich environments and effective performance evaluation processes in CPA firms, so that team members know where they stand and how to grow and be successful.
- Educating others on financial benchmarking and reporting and creating more efficient and profitable operations.
- Helping firms innovate their recruiting and retention programs to more successfully find the talent they need.
- Helping clients see potential and opportunity around them and feel empowered to take advantage of it.
What makes me whole
- Spending time in Louisiana, taking in the tastes, sights and sounds of my childhood there. I especially love blueberry picking with my dad in July and strolling through the streets of New Orleans with my husband, Nick.
- Cooking a delicious meal and then lingering afterward for some engaging conversation with my two opinionated teenagers and our au pair from Germany.
- Singing baritone with my women’s barbershop chorus, Noteable Blend.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I served as the Firm Administrator for four great firms around the country where I helped them modernize and innovate their HR, financial, operational and IT functions to meet the needs of their team members and clients.
My Professional Involvement
CPA Consultants’ Alliance (CPACA)
CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Awards & Accolades
INSIDE Public Accounting
INSIDE Public Accounting Most Recommended Consultants
Inspired Ideas Blog
If you were asked to assess your team’s current strength, you might struggle to give a quick or clear answer. You would name a few top players, and you could identify an underperformer or two who need to be managed up or out. But when pressed to rate where your team strength stands when looking […]
Here’s a hard but universal truth about client service: Your clients don’t understand your business and aren’t aware of the specific issues and challenges you may face as an accounting firm. To be a 100% responsible client manager, it’s up to you to collaborate with each client to understand their needs, then seek to meet […]
Recently, I had the opportunity to hug my colleague, Beth Gibbs, for the first time. Beth is our Operations Manager who has been at ConvergenceCoaching for 3.5 years. Because we’re a remote organization with team members working from home and living around the country, and because Beth lives in Wisconsin and I am in Massachusetts, […]