Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself
I am passionate about
- Promoting flexible and virtual work programs in the profession – Anytime, Anywhere Work™ – so that people can win both at work and at home and in their personal lives.
- Creating feedback-rich environments and effective performance evaluation processes in CPA firms, so that team members know where they stand and how to grow and be successful.
- Educating others on financial benchmarking and reporting and creating more efficient and profitable operations.
- Helping firms innovate their recruiting and retention programs to more successfully find the talent they need.
- Helping clients see potential and opportunity around them and feel empowered to take advantage of it.
What makes me whole
- Spending time in Louisiana, taking in the tastes, sights and sounds of my childhood there. I especially love blueberry picking with my dad in July and strolling through the streets of New Orleans with my husband, Nick.
- Cooking a delicious meal and then lingering afterward for some engaging conversation with my two opinionated teenagers and our au pair from Germany.
- Singing baritone with my women’s barbershop chorus, Noteable Blend.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I served as the Firm Administrator for four great firms around the country where I helped them modernize and innovate their HR, financial, operational and IT functions to meet the needs of their team members and clients.
My Professional Involvement
CPA Consultants’ Alliance (CPACA)
CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
Awards & Accolades
INSIDE Public Accounting
INSIDE Public Accounting Most Recommended Consultants
Inspired Ideas Blog
As a facilitator and coach in our Transformational Leadership Program™ (TLP), I have the privilege of working closely with high-potential program participants to transform their mindsets and behaviors so they can make a leap forward in their influence of others. It’s inspiring to watch these leaders make small shifts and adjustments in their thinking and […]
Staffing has been a challenge for many years. Due to demographics and disruptions in the accounting pipeline, it’s likely that most firms will face continued tightening in the supply of accountants and CPAs. In the face of a talent shortage and growing demand from clients, firms must develop creative strategies to ensure their proper capacity. […]
Compensation is a critical component of attracting, motivating, and retaining your team members. It’s not the only component (and sneak peek – #7 below encourages you to address those other components with your team members). However, when compensation isn’t at the level expected by recruits or existing team members, it can reduce the attractiveness of […]