What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
Robert H. Schuller Pastor, Author
I am passionate about
- Helping accounting professionals and consultants strategically leverage technology.
- Working with others to expand their leadership skills and effectively grow their businesses.
- Developing leadership and management skills in others.
What makes me whole
- My family and friends who help me achieve balance in life – laughing with them, cooking with my husband, tickling my son, etc.
- Visiting new places to explore and learn and continuously planning our next trip.
- Learning through living history events.
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I was a consultant for a technology company, helping firms implement new technology and evolve business processes.
- I collaborated on the build-out and delivery of successful workshops for multiple companies.
- I have been involved in the development of conferences serving the accounting profession as a director, an advisory board member, instructor and planner.
- I have also participated in various task forces and committees regarding emerging trends impacting the profession throughout my career.
- I have been a formal and informal mentor and coach to accounting, sales and marketing professionals.
- I was a successful sales representative for a technology company.
- My marketing experience includes launching social media strategy, coordinating corporate communications and oversight of marketing team members and tactics.
My Professional Involvement
Digital CPA Conference
Awards & Accolades
Top 100 Most Influential People in Accounting
CPA Practice Advisor
40 Under 40
World's Best Tickler
Most Powerful Women in Accounting
Inspired Ideas Blog
We are all familiar with the adage “actions speak louder than words,” and certainly leading by example makes a tremendous difference, but the words we use do matter. A common goal of leaders that go through our leadership programs is to act as an owner and create a culture of ownership within their firms. To […]
When I start a new coaching relationship, I ask my coachees to tell me their story and how they chose a career in accounting. Recently, one of my new coachees asked me why I have spent 23 years working with accountants in public accounting. I don’t have an accounting degree. I’ve never worked in a […]
“Self awareness leads to self development.” – Janna Cochola There are 5 pieces of feedback I received that changed the trajectory of my career. They came from executives, mentors, peers, and friends. Without their input, I am confident I would be in a different place today. And though some of it was hard to hear, […]