A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, but because it has a song.
I am passionate about
- The use of the Myers-Brigg Type Indicator® to assist client groups in more effective planning. It focuses on four basic areas — knowledge of how we direct and receive energy, how we take in information, how we decide and come to conclusions, and our overall approach to the outside world.
- Helping individuals and groups make effective changes in their personal and professional lives with a consistent focus on action planning and tangible results.
What makes me whole
- Writing poetry and golfing any chance I can.
- Living where lots of other people vacation – Southern California. The ocean is like a guru to me — sitting and listening to the breaking waves reminds me that there is constancy in the universe that is so much more powerful and special than any personal problem I may be dealing with. The best treatment for anxiety is to breathe in the ocean air and recognize that “NOW IS THE ONLY TIME THERE EVER IS, AND RIGHT NOW, I AM OK.”
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I have taught clinical social work, human services, and psychology to undergraduate and graduate students and I’ve also worked in both private and public organizations in positions of leadership.
- I maintain a part-time practice in psychotherapy and clinical consulting primarily in the healthcare industry.
- I completed my doctoral work with protégés of Carl Rogers, the father of the “person-centered” approach to psychology and have maintained this principle as my focus – starting with the needs and goals of the client as the center of planning.