A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, but because it has a song.
I am passionate about
- The use of the Myers-Brigg Type Indicator® to assist client groups in more effective planning. It focuses on four basic areas --- knowledge of how we direct and receive energy, how we take in information, how we decide and come to conclusions, and our overall approach to the outside world.
- Helping individuals and groups make effective changes in their personal and professional lives with a consistent focus on action planning and tangible results.
What makes me whole
- Writing poetry and golfing any chance I can.
- Living where lots of other people vacation - Southern California. The ocean is like a guru to me --- sitting and listening to the breaking waves reminds me that there is constancy in the universe that is so much more powerful and special than any personal problem I may be dealing with. The best treatment for anxiety is to breathe in the ocean air and recognize that “NOW IS THE ONLY TIME THERE EVER IS, AND RIGHT NOW, I AM OK.”
My Prior Professional Endeavors
- I have taught clinical social work, human services, and psychology to undergraduate and graduate students and I’ve also worked in both private and public organizations in positions of leadership.
- I maintain a part-time practice in psychotherapy and clinical consulting primarily in the healthcare industry.
- I completed my doctoral work with protégés of Carl Rogers, the father of the “person-centered” approach to psychology and have maintained this principle as my focus – starting with the needs and goals of the client as the center of planning.
Inspired Ideas Blog
Living in this time of physical distancing, we may also find ourselves distancing emotionally without intending to do so. After all, it helps us to feel more comfortable if we can convince our hearts that it will be okay not to see or touch our loved ones for extended periods of time. It is especially […]
For almost a year now, we have been living and working with the awareness of COVID-19 always in the background. We have learned to manage our time, work, play, and absolutely everything in relationship to the presence of the virus in the air around us. We never expected it to affect us as powerfully as […]
As we continue our efforts at diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace, it has helped a great deal to understand and appreciate theories of personality. I have studied and applied the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® method of assessing personality styles for several years that gives a description of the personality based on several indicators of […]