Coming Together – The Art of Merging (1-day workshop)
Whether you’re bringing in a new partner from the outside, purchasing a niche specialty practice, or merging with another firm, navigating the nuances to ensure success can be tricky. In this session, we’ll remove the mystique of what it takes to bring two entities together so that you can enjoy the synergies of a larger, stronger practice. We will discuss best practices including:
- Identifying the due diligence that HAS to be done – and not just the financial aspects – to be sure you’re a fit or identify red flags to address before moving to the next phase
- Establishing a means for valuing the practice that will work today and in the future
- Updating your partner agreement and your buy-sell agreement to ensure it addresses the critical components to minimize conflict in the future
- Developing a communications plan to share your strategies with your team, clients, and others in the right timing
- Integrating your partners, teams, and clients so they think and act as one
Leave this session with a clear action plan of the steps you need to take to set you and your team up for a successful merger!
Questions about this course or a training? Contact us.