Developing Your Advisory Skills (1.5-day workshop)
This workshop can be segmented into a virtual webinar series, a single-subject conference session, half-day and full-day workshops.
Compliance engagements are important, but they are rarely transformative. If you want to deepen your client relationships and make a real difference in your work, you’ll have to develop both your advisory skills and engagements. To make the shift to strategic advisor, you’ll shed old ideas and ways of working that won’t serve you or your key clients in the future.
In this 1.5-day workshop, you’ll collaborate with peers and experienced facilitators to explore new ways of thinking and behaving and develop an updated, practical approach to providing advisory services to your existing clients. During our time together, you’ll:
- Understand the attributes of an advisory mindset
- Learn ways to create capacity in your schedule so you have time to go deeper with clients
- Identify which clients to approach first and how to get started
- Develop query, strategic analysis and client account planning skills to facilitate client advisory meetings
- Create a structure for what you’ll do during and after advisory meetings
- Gain confidence in your ability to identify opportunities to help clients and then scope, price and sell the identified advisory services
- Explore possibilities for honing specific expertise and developing thought leadership
- Become a bolder, more authoritative coach to clients
This session is designed to address your individual learning style and client mix. Together, we’ll use a blended approach of pre-work, small group work, case studies, exercises, and large group sharing to applying these ideas to audit, tax, accounting and consulting clients. Afterward, you’ll have tools, templates and resources to get started advising clients right away.
Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your skills, value and ultimately, your fees, by becoming a difference-making advisor.