On April 1, 2000, my co-founder, James C. Metzler, CPA and I formalized our agreement to form ConvergenceCoaching, LLC. Last week, our company gratefully celebrated a full decade of helping CPA and IT firms achieve success. For that, we are most humbly grateful to God, to our talented and committed team members, to our loyal, growth-oriented and change-willing clients and to our many friends and supporters in the professions we serve.
As we reflect on the past decade of our work, we are most grateful for (in no particular order):
- The love and respect that we have for, and feel from, our fellow co-workers and clients
- All of the learning, expansion of ideas and innovation we’ve been party to related to our focal subjects of leadership, communication, intra-personal relationships, management, HR, training and development, business development and marketing
- The genuine fun, good humor and occasional deep belly laughs that we are privileged to experience while “working”
- The intimacy and privilege that comes from sharing difficult challenges and tough decisions with other smart and compassionate professionals who want to do the right thing
- The travel to great cities and towns where we can experience different topographies, often better weather, and diverse perspectives
- The ability to work from home, in workout clothes with a mammoth cup of coffee (or Diet Coke, or for a few of our healthier team members – water!) in hand, for part of most work weeks due to the amazing technology and communications advances available to us
We are very, very excited about the possibilities that behold us in the decade to come. We look forward to the upcoming economic recovery and the growth – and associated challenges – it will bring. Our work at ConvergenceCoaching is a divine blessing and we pray for the wisdom, energy and love to use it to continue to learn, grow and strive to transform the lives of those we serve.
“We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.”
Neil A. Maxwell