For Immediate Release:
Bellevue, NE, November 11, 2020 – ConvergenceCoaching®, LLC, a national leadership and management consulting firm that helps accounting and consulting firms achieve success, is honored to have Jennifer Wilson, Partner and Co-Founder, and Tamera Loerzel, Partner named as two of the 2020 Most Powerful Women in the Accounting Profession by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and CPA Practice Advisor magazine.
According to the AICPA, key attributes of this year's winners include (as excerpted from the AICPA):
- Being a driving force for innovation and excellence
- Demonstrably contributing to the success of their own organization and the accounting profession as a whole
- Providing guidance and leadership to contribute to the growth of the profession
- Effectively representing the accounting profession through civic and community outreach
"It is wonderful to see the huge impact made by the powerful women leaders on this list and I feel so grateful to be listed among them and to receive this honor at the same time as my dear partner, Tamera,” commented Wilson. “We are truly optimistic about the renaissance happening in the profession where business models, ideas and expectations are being reimagined and reinvented. As change agents, this is a very exciting time,” continued Wilson.
Loerzel is equally grateful to be honored, saying, "Organizations grow when our people thrive. So, we must focus on how to help our team members win, especially women who make up more than half our workforce and are more than three times as likely as fathers to be responsible for most of the housework and caregiving during the pandemic, according to McKinsey & Company’s Women in the Workplace 2020.” Loerzel continued, “It’s a privilege to work with awesome leaders across the profession who are committed to elevate women, and I am honored to be listed along with these fabulous women leaders.”
The award recipients were announced today during the AICPA Women's Global Leadership Summit. The full list of 25 recipients is as follows:
- Karen Abramson, Chief Executive Officer, Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting
- Lara Abrash, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Tommye Barie, EVP of Leadership Development, Succession Institute, LLC
- Arianna Campbell, Director, Boomer Consulting, Inc.
- Lynne Doughtie, Former Chairman and CEO, KPMG in the U.S.
- Sarah Elliott, Executive Leadership Coach and Co-Founder, Intend2Lead, LLC
- Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, Executive Director – Finance Thought Leadership, Oracle
- Janet Foutty, Executive Chair of the Board, Deloitte US
- Tasha Fox, Controller, The Osage Nation
- Tracey Golden, Audit Partner, Deloitte
- Kelly Grier, U.S. Chair and Managing Partner, Americas Managing Partner, EY
- Phyllis Ingram, Partner, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
- Scharrell Jackson, Principal/Chief Operating Officer, BPM, LLP
- Alexandra Kessler, Partner, Aronson LLC
- Shannon King Nash, Chair, National Society of Black Certified Public Accountants, Inc.
- Tamera Loerzel, Partner, ConvergenceCoaching
- Carla McCall, Managing Partner, AAFCPAs
- Elizabeth Pittelkow Kittner, Vice President of Finance and Human Resources, International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Kelly Richmond Pope, Associate Professor of Accounting, DePaul University
- Lindsay Stevenson, CEO/Founder, Origin Evolution
- Amy Vetter, CEO & Founder, The B3 Method Institute
- Tracey Walker, Vice President, National Director of Government Affairs; Diversity and Inclusion RSM US, LLP
- Tifphani White-King, Principal, National Tax Practice Leader, Mazars USA LLP
- Sandra Wiley, President, Boomer Consulting Inc.
- Jennifer Wilson, Partner and Co-Founder, ConvergenceCoaching
Congratulations to Jennifer Wilson and Tamera Loerzel, and the other 23 exceptional women leaders making a difference in the accounting profession!