Remote and Blended Work Video Learning Programs
In a tight labor market, firms must create workplaces to attract and retain diverse talent. The 2022 ConvergenceCoaching® Anytime, Anywhere Work™ (ATAWW) Survey Results Summary shows that organizations are investing in a remote and blended strategy for hiring talented people wherever they live. The firms who are furthest ahead are less concerned about where and when people are working and increasingly interested in creating the right capacity and building an empowered, trusted team.
Firms first must progress their flexibility "profile" and teach their leaders to embrace these new ways of working including asynchronous scheduling, truly anywhere work and non-traditional hiring. The survey shows that the best firms are running down the path to a highly flexible model, and those not making progress will find it increasingly difficult to attract and retain the best and brightest.
To help your firm’s partners and managers shift to this new remote and blended paradigm, we have developed Do It Yourself (DIY) Remote and Blended Work Video Learning Programs designed to support you in driving change wherever your firm is now. These on-demand DIY videos and toolset with associated resources allow you to share them with your team members in smaller, manageable segments and use them over time to ensure that all team members benefit from new ways of thinking and working. The Video Learning Programs for accounting and consulting firms include:
Winning When Working In A Remote or Blended Environment ($399)
Firm-wide success in a remote, blended/hybrid environment won’t happen unless each of your people has the knowledge, strategies, and skills to be successful themselves when working remotely or when working with blended teams. This video series focuses on individual skills development to ensure your people do their part to secure the firms success in your flex-forward work environment. When you combine these individual contributor work strategies with firm-wide remote and flex management strategies, your firm will be poised to capitalize on the new way of working – with talent and clients. This video learning program includes a toolset with resources, customizable tools, and articles to help you implement these ideas, including our Flex and Remote Work Guidelines template and is comprised of the following segments:
- Managing Mindset
- Segment one uncovers the unique factors that influence remote working relationships, such as managing personal preferences and generating hopeful intentions. You will learn key leadership behaviors that set you up for success in a remote and hybrid environment and how you can be 100% responsible for the outcomes you create and promote a “get-better” approach to remote and hybrid work.
- Being Transparent
- This segment addresses the crucial steps each individual will take to maintain transparency when working in a remote or blended environment. Each team member has a different work style and schedule. In this video, you’ll learn how to talk straight at work and at home and define clear ownership, so everyone is accountable to support a successful remote or hybrid work environment.
- Clarifying Expectations
- Nothing will transform your team faster than getting clear on expectations. In this video, you will learn the steps to “Committing with Clarity,” to ensure expectations are clearly set no matter where or when a team member is working. We’ll also teach you how to communicate when feedback is necessary so that when the unexpected does arise, each team member is prepared to manage the conflict in a productive, supportive manner.
- Communicating to Build Your Success
- When working in a remote or blended environment, it’s important to understand expectations for how and when to communicate, including the use of various tools such as email, messenger, phone and text. This video discusses how to be proactive in communicating your status, how to stay connected to clients and one another through technology, and how to ensure that important messages are received.
- Creating the Right Work Environment
- Your environment plays a critical role in your ability to be productive while working remotely. You’ll learn how to design an inviting space that maintains a boundary between an individual’s work and personal life while a professional brand. Additionally, you’ll learn tips for taking care by managing your ergonomics and security.
- Staying Focused and Strong
- There are so many amazing benefits to working remote, and there can sometimes also be feelings of isolation or being off-course when working outside a traditional office setting. In this segment, you’ll learn to plan ahead, reduce distractions, and manage your time. Additionally, you will discover methods for keeping your mind, body, and emotions balanced, so you can show up as your favorite version of yourself at work and at home, too.
- Developing Your Hybrid Work Plan
In this video, you’ll learn how to design an individualized, work plan that works for you, your team, your clients, and the firm. Discover how you can exceed your team’s expectations in a remote or blended environment and how to maximize the time you spend in an office. Learn how to gain agreement on a flexible plan that benefits everyone involved, whether you’re geographically remote or local and working from home.
Successfully Managing Remote and Blended Teams ($399)
Improve your firm’s ability to manage a remote and blended workforce. This video learning program includes a toolset with resources, customizable tools, and articles to help you implement these ideas, including our Flex and Remote Work Guidelines template. This video learning program is comprised of the following video segments:
- Trends and Market Data
- This very short intro video reviews market-driven analytics that support the continuing shift to a remote or blended workplace. Use this data to educate your team members about why your firm must make the leap to becoming a workplace where remote team members can succeed.
- Mindset Shifts Required
- This video will help you learn the very important mindset shifts and trust building needed to lead in a remote and blended environment.
- Nurturing Culture and Staying Connected
- In this discussion, you’ll identify strategies to build a culture to stay close and connected with your team members even when you’re not working in the same physical space.
- Clarifying Expectations
- When expectations are clear, projects run smoothly, and teams feel “in sync.” This segment helps you create an environment of clear expectations for roles, projects, work product and staying in communication.
In this final video of the series, you’ll learn about a range of remote work technology enablers that can make your team more efficient and effective when working remotely.
Addressing Common Objections to Remote and Blended Work ($349)
Struggling with buy-in to remote? Challenged with firm leaders or team members who aren’t convinced remote or blended work will work? ConvergenceCoaching facilitators and remote-work experts address the common objections that impede the move to a more-remote environment in this video series, including:
- Why Remote or Blended?
- This first video provides a quick look at the latest market drivers causing firms to embrace the remote and blended paradigm.
- How Will I Manage a Remote or Blended Workforce?
- In this video, you’ll learn ways to overcome objections like how we’ll manage a team that we can’t see, how will we collaborate when some of us are working remotely, and how to manage meetings when some participants participate remotely.
- Will Remote Resources Be Productive?
- This segment addresses common productivity concerns with a more-remote environment. We’ll discuss concerns like whether your remote team will be productive, how to keep a blended team on track, and how to ensure that the in-office team doesn’t get overburdened because of working with remote team members.
- How Will I Train and Develop Remote Resources?
- This segment provides talking points for your firm leaders who cannot picture effectively training and developing remote team members. In it, you’ll learn strategies to overcome objections like we can’t onboard or run internships in a remote paradigm, people don’t learn as well remotely, and remote team members can’t elevate to leadership roles.
- Will We Lose Our Culture?
- In this last video of the objection handling series, we’ll explore concerns related to changes to your firm culture caused by remote and blended work and how to address them, plus a discussion of some cultural pitfalls that sometimes arise as you have more team members working remotely.
Please note, you will have access to the Remote and Blended Work Video Learning Programs for one year from purchase, and they are not eligible for CPE credit. We will send you a firm username and password within two business days for you to share with your team members. They will use these firm credentials to log in, view the videos and access the toolset. The firm password will allow you to keep your personal learning center credentials private while also sharing the resources more widely in your firm.
If you are a leader in a State Society or CPA Association interested in making the Remote and Blended Work Video Learning Programs available for your member firms, please contact us.
At ConvergenceCoaching, LLC, we are here to provide support for your firm’s transition to a more remote, blended environment. Contact us to learn more about our personalized learning for teams, as well as coaching and consulting services.
You can purchase each of the video learning programs separately:
- Winning When Working in a Remote or Blended Environment $399
- Successfully Managing Remote and Blended Team Members $399
- Addressing Common Objections to Remote and Blended Work $349
Or save $147 by purchasing all three Remote and Blended Work Learning programs at once for a total cost of $999.