Here’s what ConvergenceCoaching has been up to:
Dear ConvergenceCoaching Client and Friend:
These are unprecedented times. Like you, we are saddened by the impacts stemming from the spread and steps to contain the coronavirus (COVID-19). In the face of a lot of negative and fearful messaging, we are committed to be part of a positive, hopeful movement to help others responsibly manage this crisis in their businesses and lives.
As you are managing this crisis, some things to consider:
- Stay healthy. Follow the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization guidance for staying healthy.
- Positivity is critical to your health and well-being. Take the time to center yourself with a regular gratitude practice. Write down three things that you are grateful for each day. What are the positive beacons in your life? Avoid spending too much time on dramatic news and social media outlets. I’ve been getting updates by reading the transcripts of the CDC’s press updates at https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/t0309-covid-19-update.html.
- Stress management is also crucial. Regular exercise can help you manage your fears and frustrations. In this time of social distancing, work out with videos, walk or run outside, or just stop at home to stretch and exercise. Many of you know I practice yoga, run, and regularly do planks, pushups, sit ups, squats and calf raises because my travel makes it hard to exercise at a specific place. Provided you’re cleared by your doctor, you can do these same exercises while working from home to keep your anxieties at bay.
- Project calm to your team and be honest about the circumstances. Exude quiet confidence with your team. Panic and hopelessness may be prevalent messages in the media, but they won’t help us generate solutions and they will negatively impact performance and execution. It’s okay to acknowledge that these circumstances are similar to other challenging times we’ve faced in business, and that there are unprecedented aspects to this crisis that cause a number of unknowns.
- Commit to stay in communication. Bring your leadership or crisis team together and discuss your plans to manage the impact of the virus and social distancing in your practice or business. If you haven’t already done so, ask yourselves:
- What is changing that we need to tell others?
- Who do we need to communicate to and when?
- What are our most important messages?
- What is our call to action for, or request of them?
- What are the biggest possible concerns of our various constituencies?
- How can we address those concerns?
- What internal process changes do we need to plan for to manage the changes we’re foreseeing?
- Who can drive those changes?
- By when can we launch a project team to manage them?
- Encourage collaboration and feedback. Your team members may have brilliant ideas for how to best manage evolving circumstances. They may identify issues that you haven’t considered. Ask your people to raise questions and generate suggestions, and identify a central resource to gather those ideas for consideration as you manage the crisis caused by COVID-19.
- Take steps to move to remote work immediately. Some questions to ask yourselves:
- Who is already set up to work remotely, even if occasionally? Auditors? Others? Should they be asked to begin social distancing and working from home now? Do they have ideas we can leverage for other groups?
- Which clients do we need to communicate with related to upcoming, onsite engagements? Who can contact them to discuss their plans for COVID-19 containment and request that your team members work from home instead of their offices?
- What guidelines do you need to put in place to manage your team working remotely? See our sample policy for ideas you might want to include in your communication.
- What are the IT implications to address related to:
- Connectivity and bandwidth
- Security and privacy
- Access to needed equipment
- Help desk resources to provide support to staff as they transition to remote work
- Who can you invite to participate in a Remote Work Sub-Committee that will report to your leadership or crisis team to drive this forward quickly? Be sure that the group includes remote proponents, NextGen team members, and HR and IT leadership to make it happen.
- If we are engaged to do in-person work with your firm or organization or you are attending one of our TLP workshops this Spring, we are monitoring the situation and will be in touch with you individually to discuss any potential options to consider.
For 20 years, we have managed a completely remote, flexible business and have delivered our services to clients via web seminar, web and telephone conferencing. We are experienced using video and web-platforms, appointment scheduling solutions and file sharing applications to manage multi-party projects and multi-disciplinary teams. We want to support you as you navigate to a more remote or all-remote model during this crisis. You might consider joining us for our webinar on “Remote Work: Today’s Answer to Staying Healthy and Serving Clients” on March 26th at 11:30am CT. Registration information will be available on our website early next week, at which time we’ll send details by email again as well so that you can join us in that discussion.
One of the most important responsibilities of a leader is to guide their team through crisis and tough times with calm determination and thoughtful execution. Hopefully, this crisis is short-lived. But it is here and upon us and you must step up and act. We are here to help. Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions and we will do our best to answer them, or to point you to others that may have already walked your planned path.
Finally, pray for the health and safety of our people and the strength and sustainability of our economy and country. Pray for our healthcare workers, first responders, and government leaders.
We are praying, too.
Today we celebrate all of our friends who participated in the 2019 Holiday Exercise Streak! We had record-breaking participation this year, with over 200 registrants. Thank you for making this a truly special holiday tradition and we hope to see you all again next year!
Bellevue, NE, November 13, 2019 – ConvergenceCoaching®, LLC, a national leadership and management consulting firm that serves the public accounting profession, is proud to congratulate Renee Moelders on her promotion to partner!
Renee has been with the Convergence team for five years and previously worked as a CPA Firm Administrator for nine years. “We are very proud of Renee’s growth and evolution as a consultant to the profession,” said Tamera Loerzel, Partner at ConvergenceCoaching. “She is a key contributor to the Anytime, Anywhere Work™ and other benchmarking studies that help firm clients make the changes necessary to compete in today’s market. Renee develops and empowers leaders as a facilitator and coach in our leadership development programs, adds value as an HR and recruiting consultant for our clients, and is an active speaker for firms and associations around the profession.”
“I’m honored to be at this point in my professional journey and love the opportunity to make a difference for our clients.” said Renee. “I’m on a never-ending ‘get-better’ journey of my own here at ConvergenceCoaching and look forward to next steps in providing transformational coaching and thought leadership for our clients and the profession as a whole.”
Read more about Renee’s background here.
About ConvergenceCoaching, LLC
ConvergenceCoaching, LLC is a leadership and management consulting firm whose mission is to help leaders achieve success. For over 19 years, we have provided strategic and succession planning, coaching, and learning and leadership development programs to help our CPA firm clients and the associations that serve them achieve their goals.
Press Release: Announcing Class of Fall 2018-19 Transformational Leadership Program™ Graduates
Bellevue, NE, September 26, 2019 – ConvergenceCoaching®, LLC, a national leadership and
management consulting firm that serves the public accounting profession, is proud to announce
the 2018-2019 Fall Transformational Leadership Program™ (TLP) graduating class!
“At the start of my TLP journey, I underwent a revealing 360° assessment process that showed me how I am perceived as a leader. I realized that being more compassionate and understanding
where others are coming from helps me to better connect with coworkers and clients. Today, I’m
more intentional about both listening to and caring about others’ problems and concerns and
working towards a mutually beneficial solution. In my TLP journey I have become a more
vulnerable leader which will help me be a stronger Principal and asset to my firm as we strive to
engage and retain a pipeline of future leaders,” said Gray Coyner, TLP graduate and Principal at
The final element in the TLP program culminates in a short presentation where participants share their successes and challenges within the program. Watch one or more of the short videos below to hear some of the TLP Fall 2018-19 graduates share what they transformed and how they
benefited from the journey in the TLP:
Congratulations to the graduates of the Fall 2018-2019 program! View all the TLP graduates and read the full press release here.
Bellevue, NE, June 6, 2019 – ConvergenceCoaching®, LLC, a national leadership and management consulting firm that serves the public accounting profession, is proud to announce the 2018-2019 Spring Transformational Leadership Program™ (TLP) graduating class!
“It is so gratifying to see the enormous growth made by our TLP participants this year,” commented Jennifer Wilson, Co-founder and Partner at ConvergenceCoaching. “Developing the courage to say what needs to be said, bringing ideas for change to their firms, practicing the skills to coach and mentor others, and finding that they can cause their own success are just a few of big take-aways mentioned at the Spring TLP graduation recently. We were so happy to see several reaching important life and career goals including being promoted to partner or now leading meaningful practices or offices as well.”
“At the start, the TLP program provided me 360 feedback which was invaluable to shaping my leadership goals and commitments. True gold! After the TLP journey, I am a more compassionate, communicative leader and have definitely changed for the good. There is more work to do and I will keep growing and getting better. Still, going through the TLP helped me understand the power and impact of my mindset in a way that has been truly life changing” said Elinor Litwack, TLPgraduate and Senior Manager of Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman.
Congratulations to the graduates of the 2018-2019 Spring TLP Program
The ConvergenceCoaching, LLC Transformational Leadership Program is a one-year accelerated “finishing school” for CPA firm high potentials. The TLP focuses on individual mindset and behavior to drive change in thinking and personal responsibility first, and then, strategies and actions to prepare them to lead their firm into the future.
Congratulations to the graduates of the Spring 2018-2019 program! View all the TLP graduates and read the full press release here.
ConvergenceCoaching®, LLC Partner and Co-Founder Jennifer Wilson has been inducted into CPA Practice Advisor’s Accounting Hall of Fame. Jennifer is the first woman to join the group whose members are thought leaders and influencers in the public accounting profession.
CPA Practice Advisor made the announcement at the 11th annual Accounting Thought Leader Symposium in Indianapolis on March 12. According to CPA Practice Advisor, the Thought Leader Symposium “brings together key influencers in the accounting profession for interactive discussions with each other and engagement with vendors that are shaping the profession and small businesses.” Existing Thought Leaders are responsible for selecting new inductees.
Read the full press release here.
Jennifer Wilson will facilitate the following session at the NextGen 2019 Conference on May 16th, 2019 in San Diego, CA:
- Developing Innovative Client Solutions to Make a Bigger Difference
This is a closed event for CPAmerica members only.