Find Your Next Level
Let ConvergenceCoaching guide you to your next level of growth by learning more about our services. If there’s something you are wondering about that isn’t mentioned on our site, please contact us and we’ll discuss your needs.
We help CPA firms reach their performance and growth goals and lead their teams toward a shared vision. We’ve worked with countless leadership teams to anticipate the future, share CPA firm best practices and drive transformational change. Many firms share similar challenges and opportunities and yet your firm’s unique service lines and industry areas, talent and culture are what determines your firm’s best path to success.
Is your firm ready to spark innovation, anticipate the future and drive toward a new vision for your future? Or are you uncertain about the right initiatives to focus on in the next year or more? Does your partner team need to gain clarity, unity and accountability? Or maybe you’re at a turning point in your practice and you want to redefine your 5-year vision to re-energize your people and prepare for the changes ahead.
Whatever your objectives are, we facilitate retreats for firm leadership teams to address a variety of needs, including:
- Vision planning – anticipating the future and creating a differentiating 5-year vision plan to guide your firm’s decisions and annual goals
- Strategic planning – identifying your firm’s immediate and long-term priorities and creating specific strategies for the next year
- Unity and accountability – helping leadership teams gain unity, build trust and create transparency within their relationships so they can drive change to improve the firm
- Partner issues – understanding the firm’s current compensation, deferred compensation, governance and/or succession processes and facilitating a meeting to redesign your model to one that is attractive to both new and existing shareholders alike
What’s different about a ConvergenceCoaching-led retreat?
Our unique Mapping Your Success™ strategic planning process enables us to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of your organization and its leaders, involves various stakeholders and identifies the most important success factors to drive toward your goals. Whatever your focus, our process will uncover the areas of upside facing your firm and identify specific strategies to achieve your objectives.
Depending on the focus of your firm’s retreat, we typically deliver our findings and recommendations during an interactive on-site meeting or retreat with your leadership team where we’ll help you make important decisions, commit to necessary change and develop a strategic action plan for the future. We ensure that your firm has clear direction about what steps are happening next, and who is leading them, so that you can maintain your momentum long after the retreat has finished.
To learn more about our strategic planning and retreat facilitation services, contact us.
It is no secret that our nation is graying and the need to plan for the succession of the approximately 80 million Baby Boomers cannot be delayed. However, the issue of succession planning is one that most firms underprepare for and hope for the retiree or transitioner to successfully handle on their own.
Failing to strategically prepare and communicate will leave your organization vulnerable, but we can help. At ConvergenceCoaching, we develop and execute a variety of succession planning strategies including:
- Rising star identification and development
- Successor selection, including your next CEO, Managing Partner, or key practice leaders
- Transition planning to help those retiring, including a majority owner and/or founder, hand off clients, referral sources, key staff relationships, and administration over time
- Learning programs to prepare both your transitioners and their successors
- Emergency transition when someone exits unexpectedly
- Communications strategies and action plans to help all stakeholders make the transition successfully
Managing transition is challenging, and it is important to address the needs of the up-and-comers while honoring retirees. This work involves much more than mechanical business processes and buy/sell strategies. It also takes balancing the diverse personalities, interests, and goals of those involved in the succession planning process so that their needs, and the needs of the organization, can be met.
At ConvergenceCoaching, we are privileged to work with those in transition and have a lot of experience managing succession to ensure a transformative outcome. Take the time to proactively plan for your firm’s future and you’ll ensure its continued success. Contact us for more information about our succession planning consulting and implementation services.
Today’s talent wants to integrate work and life. As a result, leaders must continually find ways to innovate workplace flexibility and embrace remote work practices.
ConvergenceCoaching has been operating in a 100% virtual and flexible environment since our inception in 2000. We are true pioneers and advocates for Anytime, Anywhere Work™ (ATAWW). By combining our own experience with best practices from our CPA firm clients, we help firms like yours build a more flexible culture. Whether you’re seeking help to launch or evolve your ATAWW initiatives or learning programs to better manage a flexible environment, we have many resources and options to support you.
Benchmarking and Best Practices Survey
As both clients and talent demand more flexibility from firms, it’s crucial that CPA firms understand how to deliver excellent service from anywhere, at virtually any time. Firms must continually progress their flexibility “profile” to keep up with rapidly changing marketplace expectations and flex innovations. With those considerations in mind, we facilitate the biennial ConvergenceCoaching®, LLC Anytime, Anywhere Work™ Survey examining flexible work practices in CPA firms. The goal of the survey is to collect data on CPA firm adoption of flexible work programs and the experiences firms have had with these initiatives so that we can help firms be more successful with flex.
Click HERE to download the ConvergenceCoaching®, LLC 2018 Anytime, Anywhere Work™ Survey Results Summary.
To view the results from past surveys, check out our Inspired Ideas blog and search for “ATAWW”.
We can help your firm manage or elevate your ATAWW strategy and implementation. Our ATAWW consultants will understand your firm’s goals and coach your HR professionals and other leaders in building a truly flexible work environment.
We facilitate learning for teams on communicating, collaborating, and managing others in a flexible and/or remote work environment. Here are a few examples of our most popular ATAWW sessions (click the title for the full description):
- More Than Flexibility: Moving Away from the Time and Place Paradigm
- Virtual Work Programs Win the Race!
- Having It All: Managing a High-Performance, Flexible Work Environment
Contact us to learn more about our ATAWW consulting services, or to explore facilitating a professional development workshop for your firm.
We work with firms to enhance their talent programs by providing strategic planning, coaching, consulting and learning programs in a variety of human resources areas. Consider engaging us for a wide-range of services designed to take your HR strategies to the next level and make your firm an inviting and engaging place to work, including:
HR Strategy and Planning
- Conducting an HR assessment and strategic planning
- Facilitating a leadership team meeting focused on improving culture and/or HR
- Designing, deploying and analyzing an employee engagement survey
- Facilitating your HR retreat
- Reviewing your HR plan
- Defining your HR team member roles
- Coaching and supporting your HR team members
Recruiting Strategy and Support
- Defining your HR recruiting story and why candidates should choose your firm
- Identifying your cultural values to help qualify candidates to ensure fit and maximize diversity
- Analyzing your screening processes and recommending improvements
- Coaching to be more effective in finding, screening and securing key candidates
- Utilizing current recruiting tools and social media platforms to help you source candidates
- Providing guidance on more effective onboarding programs to ensure your new hire success
- Training on proper recruiting techniques for telephone screening, on-campus, and in-person
Learning and People Development
- Learning programs to enhance performance management, motivation and develop your firm’s people managers and coaches
- Facilitating virtual roundtables for HR professionals
- Developing your firm’s competencies and expectations by level and discipline in your firm
- Creating one-size-fits-one career roadmaps that identify each person’s progression in your firm
- Designing and executing upward evaluations for performance management
- Creating your firm’s learning strategy and plan and mapping them to your firm competencies
- Coaching your future leaders to help them advance to the next level
- Coaching your people in delivering effective performance feedback and dealing with challenging HR situations
- Delivering custom learning programs for your people including in-house leadership development and coaching programs
Employee Engagement and Retention
- Determining how engaged your people are and strategies to enhance employee engagement
- Identifying your people’s key employee motivators and how to engage your team members based on their key motivators
- Coaching on HR program implementation including help with Anytime, Anywhere Work™ and performance management systems
- Enhancing your firm’s ability to embrace diversity among your employees, including – generational, gender, and personality consulting and workshops
We have a long history of advising HR professionals within CPA firms and believe there is no more important time to invest in your talent programs and the people who run them. Contact us to discuss how we can help elevate your HR strategy and initiatives.
Our leadership coaching provides firm leaders, partner teams, and management committees with a framework of accountability and ongoing guidance and support to move strategies forward.
And, because we’re committed to make a difference for your firm, we’ll apply our experience to assist you, as needed, in implementing your strategies with a broad array of tactical implementation and execution services. These services include:
- Revising or drafting firm governance documents
- Drafting new compensation plans
- Creating role descriptions and setting appropriate goals
- Assisting with performance management discussions
- Conducting employee or client surveys
- Launching key position recruiting efforts and/or assisting in screening candidates
- Developing differentiated market positioning for your firm
- Implementing sales processes and assisting with the transition to a CRM solution
Contact us for more information on performance enhancement or leadership coaching.